- This application required precisely cutting material without touching the top surface.
- Material went into a roller guided assembly which had a sensor that sensed the presence of a loop
- From the in-feed guide, the material went into a crush cut slitter station that actually cut the material into individual strips.
- When leaving the slitter station, the material went onto a precision indexed servo driven vacuum conveyor.
- Vacuum conveyor was driven by a precision gearbox servo motor, and the material was fed into a guillotine knife assembly.
- Unit would index to the proper length and the knife assembly would cut pieces from 19 mm up to 500 mm in length.
- Cut pieces went onto an independent driven takeaway conveyor which fed the material out to the operator station.
- Entire unit was module in design, with the vacuum generator mounted underneath
- Operator controlled from a color touch screen which was mounted on a remote arm for easy access
- Accuracy of the machine was +/- .01”.