This application required dispensing a non-woven separate sheet on demand. The material was 22” wide x 6” ID x 30” OD of core. The roll weight was 250lbs. This unit could handle rolls up to 1000lbs.
- The roll was placed onto the 6” air shaft.
- A variable speed motor powered the unwind.
- Based on the position of the dancer assembly, the unwind went from zero speed to full speed.
- From the dancer assembly the material went into the in-feed roller which guided the material into the cut to length module
- Precision ground urethane drive rollers advance the material
- The rollers are turned by a brushless stepper motor which provides high accuracy and low maintenance
- Precision ground ball bearings, which require no lubrication
- A guide will help direct the material from the drive rollers into the knife assembly
- The knife assembly has tool steel blades
- Linear ball bearing bushings
- Pneumatically operated knife assembly
- Upon receiving a signal, the unit fed and cut one sheet
- To insure reliability, a product verification sensor checked each sheet
- The cut sheet slid down the exit chute
- 24” x 35” stainless steel out-feed tray
- Tray will be attached to base plate and will hold material at a 45 degree angle
- Unit is PLC controlled. An operator control panel is provided which includes a color touch screen for easy setup and operation of the unit
- Changeover of sheet sizes was made on the color touch screen.
- “One Shot” – unit will be provided with an interface cable to receive a dry contact signal to control operation, making unit a “slave” to another machine
- Includes pneumatic cylinder, pressure regulator, air switch, and all necessary hosing and hardware for easier setup of the machinery. Pressure between the rollers is manually adjustable with an air regulator. Toggle switch allows the operator to lift the idler roller, allowing for easy setup of a new web.
- Unit will automatically shut down when no product is sensed exiting knife assembly indicating an internal jam.