This application required a machine to rotary die cut liquid-filled pouches coming from the customer’s packaging machine or from a bandoleer. The requested cycle rate was 120cpm. Tolerance was +/- 2mm (0.078”).
An RPD-160 rotary pouch dispenser
- Material traveled from customer’s packaging machine or from bandoleer in a carton and through the unwind.
- Pouches were guided by a servo-driven, dual drive track belt index system.
- After leaving the index drive system, the material entered a rotary die cut station.
- An optic registration system tracked the pouch, and when the eye saw the registration mark it triggered the cut.
- The leading and trailing edges of the pouch were cut to the required shape.
- Cut pouches fell through an exit chute affixed to the unit.
- The unit was mounted on a rugged design equipment stand for easy installation.
- A PLC control and HMI color touch screen were provided for easy setup and operation of the unit.