Material: Polyethylene roll
- Width: 36”
- Thickness: 0.002” thick / ply
- OD: 28”
- ID: 3”
This application required unwinding and cutting to length a roll of polyethylene to the following specifications:
Tolerance: ± 3.2mm [0.125”]
Cycle rate: 15 cycles per min at 50mm [2”]
6 cycles per min at 1000mm [40”]
We provided a TS-54 cut-to-length sheeter and added a no-product sensor and low-product sensor to meet customer requirements.
- A roll of the material is placed on the unwind shaft on the machine stand.
- The material is placed onto the in-feed idler roller. Segmented rollers provide traction, higher pull force, and increased consistency for 2-ply tubing.
- The material self-threads through to the knife. Clean cuts are obtained every time with the shear cut knife assembly.
- Large bar weight after the knife ensures straight cuts on 2-ply tubing.
- After the material is cut, it feeds out onto a takeaway conveyor. Conveyor will have a solid urethane non-static black belt to solve static issue.
- Once the material reaches the end of the conveyor, the unit stops and waits for the material to be removed.
- With the no-product sensor, unit automatically shuts down when no product is sensed entering the rollers.
- Low-product sensor monitors the roll diameter, and when the roll reaches a predetermined diameter, an output sensor is triggered. A three color light tower is provided with this option.
- The unit requires 120 VAC, 60 Hz, single phase and a 40 to 80 PSI supply of compressed air.