Material: A web that was 12” wide. It was a lamination of nonwoven plastic, and it was a 3-dimensional pocketed product.
This application required taking rolls of product, slitting to the proper width and then cutting in between the seals, creating sheets that were a 3-dimensionally formed product. The cycle rate for this application was 80 per minute 12” sheets with an eye registration mark.
- The material went on a motorized unwind with a dancer assembly.
- The material went over a set of idler rollers to guide it into the slitter station.
- The shear cut slitter station slit the product to the proper width.
- From the slitter station, dual driven top and bottom rollers fed the material to the proper position.
- An eye registration positioned the material.
- All the modules were mounted onto one common base plate and a stand.