Material: 20cm [7.87in] x 29cm [11.42in] pieces of fluorocarbon-based synthetic rubber
Thickness: 15mm [0.59in]– 25mm [0.98in]
This application required reducing the pieces of material to small squares, roughly 10mm [0.39in] x 10mm [0.39in].
We provided a custom feeding and cutting solution consisting of 2 guillotine knives and 2 conveyors.
- The feeding and cutting solution consists of 2 guillotine knife assemblies and 2 conveyors.
- Unit has a remotely mounted control box which is PLC controlled.
- The material is placed on the first conveyor.
- The conveyor indexes the material in 10mm increments through the first GC-400 knife assembly
- Clamps securely hold the material down while it is being cut.
- Each 10mm strip travels on to the second conveyor.
- The second conveyor indexes each strip 10mm through the second GC-250 guillotine.
- The size reduced polymer drops out of the machine into a container.
- All components are mounted on an aluminum top place and frame.