Material: Magnetic rubber strip with liner
This application required unwinding magnetic rubber strip material, removing and rewinding a release liner from the strip, placing the strip onto an aluminum extrusion from a process, and cutting it to a pre-determined length.
AZCO designed and manufactured a cut to length system to feed and cut magnetic rubber strips from a roll.
- A roll of magnetic rubber strip is placed onto the unwind.
- From the unwind the material is guided by idler rollers into the drive roll assembly.
- The release liner is peeled away from the tape and rewound onto a rewind station.
- The strip is pressed onto an aluminum extrusion from a process and enters the knife assembly where it is cut to a pre-determined length.
- The lower stationary blade has a cleaning system to wipe the blade and apply a lubricant on every pass.
- The entire assembly is mounted on a linear guide system with a servo motor controlling speed and position.
- The cut-to-length unit is pneumatically operated, requiring 40 to 90psi of regulated air pressure.
- Cycle rate is 13 parts per minute for 18” parts.