Material: Acrylic, in roll form
This application required unwinding acrylic material from a roll, slitting and cutting the material to length, and rewinding the slit material.
AZCO designed and manufactured a complete system which included a dancer unwind, a shear cut slitter station, a cut-to-length knife assembly, and a dual differentiated rewind.
- The material is fed off a cantilever design dancer unwind.
- The web is controlled by the dancer arm.
- The material travels through a shear cut slitter station.
- A registration eye sensor locates a register mark to cycle the machine.
- The material is pulled through the machine by a cut to length machine where it is cut to specification.
- The knife assembly is pneumatically operated, requiring 40 to 60psi [2.75 – 3 Bar] of regulated air pressure.
- The FG-400 cut-to-length unit is PLC controlled.
- An operator control panel is provided which includes an HMI color touch screen for easy setup and operation of the unit.
- Control panel requires and will operate on 110 Volts or 230 Volts, 50 or 60 cycles.
- The slit material can be rewound on a dual differentiated air shaft slip clutch rewind.
- The entire system is mounted on a common baseplate and an enclosed frame.