Material: Material with a thickness of 0.160”
This application required unwinding and feeding release liners to be affixed to the top and bottom of an extruded material. The material needed to be cut to a determined length and then dropped onto a conveyor.
AZCO designed and manufactured a cut to length solution with dual unwinds, roll feeders, and a shingling conveyor.
- A dancer helps control the material from wandering and keeps the material true.
- Dual cantilever design brake unwinds feed out release liner material that is then affixed to the top and bottom of an extruded material.
- The material travels through a set of nip rollers which compress and adhere the two release liners to the extrusion.
- An internal guide directs the material from the drive rollers into the knife assembly where it is cut to a defined length.
- The modular designed knife assembly is pneumatically operated, requiring 40 to 60psi [2.75 – 3 Bar] of regulated air pressure.
- The FG-250 cut-to-length unit is PLC controlled.
- An operator control panel is provided which includes an HMI color touch screen for easy setup and operation of the unit.
- The cut samples drop onto a conveyor which indexes forward, shingling the material.
- The conveyor includes a sensor programmed to light the amber light on the light tower when it senses the material.
- All components are mounted onto an aluminum top plate and supported by clear anodized aluminum columns.
- The unit is free standing.