- Cut lengths: 3” and 5”
- Material width: 9” and 18”
- Roll ID: 3”
- Roll OD: 16”
This application required unwinding gauze from a roll, and then pleating, heat sealing, and cutting it to length.
AZCO designed and manufactured a custom cut to length system with a material flow package, pleating station, and heat set station.
- The material roll is placed on a motorized unwind.
- Precision ground urethane drive rollers advance the material. The rollers are turned by an indexing motor providing high accuracy and low maintenance.
- An idle roller directs material into the pleating station.
- Stainless steel funnel guides take the gauze and fold it into 6 or 12 pleats
- Exit guides lead the material into the heat set station.
- Heated idle rollers press the pleats into place.
- A laminar air flow of ionized air floats the product through the knife assembly, preventing static charge.
- From the cut-to-length unit, the material falls out of the exit chute.
- Unit can be operated in automatic or manual modes.
- The FG-110 cut-to-length unit is PLC controlled.
- An operator control panel is provided which includes an HMI color touch screen for easy setup and operation of the unit.
- A base plate and clear anodized frame align the stations and support the unit.
- Power required: 110/230 VAC and compressed air.