This application required accurately cutting and dispensing desiccant material from a roll into bottles in a controlled environment at a line speed of 80-90 bottles per minute.
Material: 0.5 gram desiccant material in roll form
AZCO tailored their SUR-PAK™ pouch dispenser to include an unwind, a full Lexan enclosure, a timing screw escapement, and an adjustable speed conveyor.
- A roll of material is placed on a motorized unwind which controls tension on the web and helps to ensure high accuracy and consistency.
- From the unwind, the material is guided into the cantilever dual servo drive belts.
- When the material is in place, the belts are closed and the material can be primed or automatically self-feeds to the proper starting position.
- The optic system which is built into the knife cartridge tracks a position on the material.
- Once the material is indexed to the proper location, the knife assembly is triggered, making a cut.
- The desiccant pouch is dispensed into bottles below which are guided by a timing screw on an adjustable speed conveyor.
- An adjustable motorized equipment stand is included for easy mobility of the unit.
- A full Lexan enclosure separates the pouch from the outside environment.
- The unit is PLC controlled. An operator control panel is provided which includes a touch screen for easy setup and operation.
- Power requirements: 110 VAC and 30-90psi [2-6 bar] compressed air.