Material: Plastic film in roll form
This application required unwinding, slitting and cutting to length plastic film from a roll.
We provided a custom slitting and cutting solution consisting of a dancer unwind, an SLC-160 crush-cut slitter, and an FG-160 cut-to-length.
- The roll of plastic film is loaded on a cantilever design dancer unwind.
- The material feeds off the unwind into an SLC-160 crush-cut slitter station.
- The slitter is designed for quick and simple adjustment, ease of cleaning and general maintenance.
- Slitter unit has 14 crush-cut assemblies which are pneumatically raised and lowered with a flow control to allow for plunge cutting.
- An FG-160 knife assembly pulls the material through the slitters, and a laminar air flow of ionized air floats the product through the knife assembly.
- The slit material is fed and cut to length.
- All components are mounted to a common baseplate which guarantees correct alignment of all components.