Material: Test strips in roll form
This application required unwinding test strip material in roll form and cutting to length.
AZCO designed and manufactured a cut to length system to cut and feed material based on an eye registration mark to avoid cutting any printing on the material.
- The material is loaded onto a cantilever design motorized unwind.
- Dancers help control tension.
- The material is fed into the knife assembly.
- Two fiber optic sensors locate a register mark to cycle the machine.
- Material is precisely cut to length, and the cut samples fall into a bin.
- The modular designed knife assembly includes D2 Heat Treated Tool Steel with an adhesive resistant blade coating and is pneumatically operated requiring 2.75 – 3 Bar [40 to 60psi] of regulated air pressure.
- The FG-110 cut-to-length unit is PLC controlled.
- An operator control panel is provided which includes an HMI color touch screen for easy setup and operation of the unit.
- Control panel requires and will operate on 110 Volts, 60 cycles.
- All components are mounted onto a common aluminum base plate.