- Ideal for wide materials
- Comes with mounting holes for easy installation
- Pneumatic clamp holds the material securely during the cutting process
- End of travel sensors provide feedback to the controller
Traveling Knife AssemblySKU: TC Knife
This modular knife assembly can be made to any size up to 5.5m/18′ cut width. It has a rotary crush cut blade for perforating, crush cutting, or score cutting of the material. Also available is the rotary shear cut blade, which could be used in place of the crush cut blade, which cuts against a hardened anvil. Two actuators are available: a pneumatic system or a digital electric drive package.
The cutting process starts with the material entering the unit up to the specified length. Then the clamp secures the material in place as the blade travels straight across the web for a clean cut. End-of-stroke sensors indicate when the cut has come to each end, which allows the unit to cut in either direction.
The Building Blocks of Automation
Build your own unit!
Standard modules can be purchased alone or in combination to build a solution that meets your unique needs.ConveyorRoll FeedersSlitter StationStackerStandUnwind/Rewind
Documents & Videos
- Cut widths up to 5.5m/18′
- Estimated cycle time for a 1524mm/60″ pneumatic traveling knife is 1.5 seconds/cycle (depends on pneumatic system)
- The pneumatic version needs 30 – 60 psi (2 – 4 bar) compressed air
- The electric version can be supplied with either a step or servo motor drive, with or without the motor driver package
- Several options of crush cut patterns can be provided, along with a score-cut cutter which is pneumatically pre-loaded down to a precision depth
- Different motor drive packages with motor controllers
- Different types of NPN or PNP sensors for end of stroke sensing and clamp down sensing if required
- Slitter station
- Roll feed for indexing material
- Takeaway conveyors for after the material is cut
- Complete integrated machines including this module
- Perforating blade option