AZCO Corp. designed and manufactured a complete solution to feed, slit and cut flexible material to length.
- Material is pulled off a dual freewheeling unwind.
- After the unwind is a roller with a brake to provide back tension before the slitter.
- A splice area with web clamp is provided to make the rolls of material continuous.
- Material enters a crush cut slitting station with 17 pneumatic crush-cut assemblies.
- A fiber optic sensor locates a register mark which indexes the material to be cut in the proper location.
- Slit material is cut to length and dropped onto a takeaway conveyor.
- Unit is PLC controlled. An operator control panel is provided which includes a color touch screen for easy setup and operation of the unit.
- Unit requires 2.75 – 5.5 bar [40-80 PSI] compressed air and 110VAC power.