Requirements: This application required cutting rubber material into small precision pieces.
Our Solution: AZCO Corp. designed and manufactured a rotary die cut to length station for cutting the material into 15.2mmx7.47mm pieces.
- Material is pulled off a motorized unwind.
- A dancer accumulator controls web tension.
- The material goes over a series of idler rollers and is guided to the feed station.
- From the feed station, low air pressure is used to prevent cut material from sticking to the rotary die.
- Rotary die cuts 4 rows of 7.45mm wide by 15.3mm long pieces.
- The cut pieces are dropped into a catch container.
- A high-speed servo motor provides high accuracy and low maintenance.
- All components are placed on a common frame structure.
- Unit requires 2.75 – 6 bar [40-90 PSI] compressed air and 220VAC power.