Material: 8” wide woven PET
- Material Width: Less than 228.6mm [9”], folded to 4”
- Material Thickness Total: Less than 5mm [0.19”]
- Number of sheets or Layers: 1 folded into 2
- Cut Lengths: 50mm [2”]
- Cycle Rate (CPM): 85 CPM at under 10″
- Outside Diameter of the Roll: 457mm [18”]
- Inside Diameter of the Core: 76mm [3”]
- Weight: Less than 50lbs
This application required unwinding woven material from a roll, folding it, heat sealing the edges, and cutting the material to form 2” x 4” bags.
AZCO designed and manufactured a complete system to unwind, fold, heat seal, and cut material into formed bags.
- The material is loaded onto an AZCO brake unwind.
- The unwind with material is placed on its side to allow for plow folding.
- The folding station takes the material and folds it in half.
- A registration eye sees a mark, from which it feeds, seals and cuts.
- The folded material travels through the impulse heat sealing unit and then into a rotary shear knife assembly.
- The roll feeder indexes the material and triggers the rotary knife cuts between the two sealed areas, forming a bag.
- All components are mounted to a common baseplate.