AZCO Corp. designed and manufactured a splice cart for a desiccant dispensing project which would hold 3 rolls of material and allow the customer to splice rolls to make them continuous.
- The mobile cart is self-contained and mobile.
- The cart rolls up to a desiccant roll with low amount of product left, the process is stopped, the splice is performed, and the process is started again.
- The desiccant has six manual clamps to align the material and hold it during the sealing process (two clamps per reel of desiccant).
- The sealing takes place with an impulse sealer for precise temperature control.
- The sealing bars are pneumatically actuated to allow for pressure and time control during the seal.
- The control box holds the temperature controller.
- Once the seal is complete, the clamps are manually released and the roll can be mounted to the unwind unit.
- The cart holds 3 rolls of desiccant and splices them all at the same time.
- The cart requires 110VAC single phase power and compressed air.