Material: Nickel-chromium alloy in roll form
- Material Width: Up to 9”
- Material Thickness: .008”
- Cut Lengths: Varying
This application required unwinding material from a roll, and cutting the material to length.
AZCO designed and manufactured a cut to length station with a brake unwind and an adjustable equipment stand.
- The roll of material is loaded onto a cantilever design unwind.
- The unwind features a particle brake with manual tension adjustment.
- The material comes off the bottom of the roll and goes under an idle roller and straight into the nip rollers.
- Adjustable side guides and collars on the idle roller assist in keeping the material straight.
- A guillotine knife assembly cuts the material to specified lengths.
- The modular designed knife assembly includes D2 heat treated tool steel blades and is pneumatically operated requiring 2.75 – 3 Bar [40 to 60psi] of regulated air pressure.
- The cut to length unit is PLC controlled.
- An operator control panel is provided which includes an HMI color touch screen for easy setup and operation of the unit.
- Control panel requires and will operate on 110 Volts.
- A common base plate ensures correct alignment of all components.
- The baseplate is mounted to a rugged design adjustable equipment stand.