Material: Stainless steel sheet metal in roll form
- Material Width: Less than 9”
- Material Thickness: Less than 0.19”
- Cut Lengths: 6.5” – 6.75”
- Cycle Rate: 85 CPM at under 10”
This application required unwinding material from a roll, and cutting the material to length.
AZCO designed and manufactured a cut to length station which includes a dancer unwind.
- The operator loads the roll of material onto a cantilever design dancer unwind shaft.
- Two sets of flanges are included to handle different sized ID cores.
- Precision ground urethane drive rollers advance the material.
- An internal guide directs the material from the drive rollers into the knife assembly where it is cut to specification.
- The modular designed knife assembly includes D2 heat treated tool steel blades and is pneumatically operated requiring 2.75 – 3 Bar [40 to 60psi] of regulated air pressure.
- The FG-250 cut to length unit is PLC controlled.
- An operator control panel is provided which includes an HMI color touch screen for easy setup and operation of the unit.
- Control panel requires and will operate on 110 VAC , 50 or 60 cycles.
- The guillotine knife assembly is modified to ensure it can cut the thickest of the material.
- A common base plate ensures correct alignment of all components.