This application required a machine to cut .3″ thick x 15″ wide rubber on an extruder line. Extruder line speed was 45’/minute. Cut length was 12″-25″ with a cut accuracy of +/- .020″.
An FRC-630 rotary sheeter cut-to-length assembly.
- The rotary cutter was designed for continuous material throughput
- Driven by a servo motor, the rotary crush cut assembly cleanly cut the material
- After the rotary cutter, the material went onto a takeaway conveyor
- The 8′ long conveyor, positioned at the end of the cut-to-length unit, pulled the material away from the knife assembly
- A loop sensor was used to signal that the unit had material to operate, which made it a slave to the process
- The assembly also included a jam sensor and a no-product sensor, which would automatically shut down the unit when no product was sensed
- PLC controls
- Operator control panel with color touch screen for easy setup and operation of the unit
- 230V required