Material: Clear plastic in roll form
- Thickness: 0.010” [0.25mm]
- Width: 6.25” [158.8mm]
- Cut Length: 11” [279.4mm]
- Tolerance: +/- 0.015” [0.38mm]
This application required punching and cutting to length a high static material.
AZCO designed and manufactured a cut to length solution with a punch station and unwind.
- The material is presented in roll form to a motorized unwind which ensures the web tension is consistent.
- After the unwind, the material goes over a larger diameter idle roller and into the punch station.
- The material is held flat and in position with a spring preloaded guide and hold down rollers.
- The required geometry is punched into the material in one action to ensure proper tolerance.
- From the punch, the material is guided into the cut to length unit.
- The modular designed knife assembly is pneumatically operated, requiring 40 to 60psi [2.75 – 3 Bar] of regulated air pressure.
- The FG-250 cut-to-length unit is PLC controlled.
- An operator control panel is provided which includes an HMI color touch screen for easy setup and operation of the unit.
- A static eliminator and air knife is included in order to handle static.
- Unit is placed on a baseplate at a 45 degree angle to help the cut product exit the unit.
- The system is on a four leg support system with leveling feet.