Material: PTFE sheets
This application required cutting hand fed PTFE sheets to length.
AZCO designed and manufactured a cut to length system with material guides and a leading eye sensor for a hand fed process.
- Material guides are mounted on the infeed side of the rollers.
- The guides provide a hard edge for squareness and can be adjusted for different width materials.
- In hand fed mode, the rollers continuously feed. There is an eye sensor inside the machine, and when the product reaches the eye the machine will pick up the leading edge. The machine will make the specified number of cuts and continue to feed, looking for the next sheet. This eliminates the need to perform a “starter cut” to ensure the first piece is accurate to length.
- As the end of each strip leaves the drive roller the drive rollers cannot push the material any further. The controller will stop feeding before the drive rollers lose traction and back feeds the remaining material for the operator to remove. The operator will start a new cycle and feed a fresh length of material.
- The modular designed knife assembly includes D2 Heat Treated Tool Steel blades and is pneumatically operated requiring 2.75 – 3 Bar [40 to 60psi] of regulated air pressure.
- The FG-110 Cut to Length unit is PLC controlled.
- An operator control panel is provided which includes an HMI Color Touch Screen for easy setup and operation of the unit.
- Control panel operates on 110 VAC.