Material: ½” wide adhesive with 1” wide release liner. A 1.5” release liner is added to the top of the material.
This application required unwinding and joining two rolls of material and then cutting it to a determined length.
We designed and manufactured a custom cut-to-length machine consisting of two unwinds and an FG-110 knife assembly.
- The machine consists of two unwinds: one unwind for the release liner/adhesive combination and the second unwind for the additional release liner.
- The material is fed off the two unwinds and brought together using idler rollers.
- The unwind controls tension using the provided dancer.
- Silicon rollers are used to prevent sticking and build-up due to the adhesive.
- Nip rollers pull the material through the system and into the knife assembly.
- The unit includes an Ethernet Communication Package to communicate the cut length to the FG-110’s PLC. The unit feeds and cuts to that length and then pauses for the next signal.
- The entire system is mounted on a common baseplate and an enclosed frame.