Material: Flexible tubing
This application required unwinding tubing from a roll and cutting it to length. The unit will be in a cleanroom environment, and the product will be used to make medical devices. Entire system needs to be mounted on a portable, adjustable equipment stand.
A dancer unwind and a bench top tubing cutter were mounted on a common baseplate, onto an equipment stand. Aluminum, urethane, polycarbonate and stainless steel were used on all exposed components to protect the product and unit in a clean room environment.
- Cantilever design unwind is a reliable solution for unwinding material into a process.
- Automatic tubing cutter is ideal for flexible tubing up to 1” in diameter.
- A cutting fluid system lubricates product and blades with alcohol to allow for better product handling of tacky material.
- A modified outfeed guide is beneficial for cut lengths less than 2”.
- Cut product drops into a catch tray.
- Additional toolings allow the unit to work with a wide range of material sizes and diameters.
- The unwind and the tubing cutter are mounted on an aluminum baseplate. This offers the advantage of correct alignment of all components.
- The plate is mounted to a portable, adjustable equipment stand.
- The unit is PLC controlled.
- An operator control panel is provided, which includes a touch screen for easy setup and operation.
- The unit requires 110VAC – 120VAC, 50/60 Hz, single phase power and a 40 to 60 PSI [2.75 – 6 bar] supply of compressed air.