Material: 85mm x 54mm x .75mm laminated plastic cards
This application required punching 4 holes into plastic cards and then cutting the cards in half lengthwise.
AZCO designed and manufactured a complete automated station where the cards are inserted, indexed, hole-punched and slit.
- Stacked cards are placed into a magazine.
- A friction feeder feeds out one card at a time into a pneumatic punch station, where 4 holes are punched simultaneously.
- Once the holes are punched, an indexing system indexes the card into a slitter station that will cut the card in half.
- Once slit in half, the card is dispensed into a bin.
- Punch operation can be disabled so that cards can be cut without holes.
- Unit is capable of dispensing at least 60 cards per minute.