AZCO designed and manufactured a crush cut slitter station with dual rewinds.
- An infeed shelf is mounted before the first roll feed to assist with threading the machine.
- The material feeds in sheet form into a roll feed which provides back tension for slitting, assists in alignment, and helps feed the material through the process.
- The material then travels through a crush cut slitter with 28 slitter blades spaced every half inch.
- A common dove tail bar is used to align and support the cutters.
- The slitters are pneumatically raised and lowered with a flow control to allow for plunge cutting.
- The material is pulled through the process by a second roll feeder.
- Clear safety covers allow product to pass through the knife assembly without letting the operator come within harm’s way.
- Finally, the material is rewound by dual differentiated shaft slip clutch rewinds.
- The rewind is cantilevered for quick and easy loading and is equipped with a slip clutch which provides consistent pull force on the material.
- The speed is controlled manually by a knob located on the tower.
- The rewind includes dual 3” differentiated air shafts.
- All components are mounted on a common base plate to ensure correct alignment.
- The base plate is mounted to four aluminum extrusions, forming a bench.